If you are in search of a simple and quick food to prepare for your snacks or breakfasts, you should know the recipe of the empanadas of tuna.
They are characterized by being a dish from Argentina, it includes exotic and particular flavors on the table. In addition, it has proven to be an excellent accompaniment to stronger meals such as stews, paellas or any other preparation.
In fact, it is a food commonly prepared during the Easter festivities or the summer holidays because it is refreshing and easy to move from one place to another.
The forms of preparation are wide, since it accepts the ingredient modification or types of sauces. However, in this article we will teach you how to make the best traditional tuna empanadas to surprise your relatives.
These are the ingredients for tuna empanadas
It is valid to emphasize that the following list of materials is prepared to make 10 medium-sized units:
For the mass:
- Half a kilo of dough already prepared.
- 300 grams of leavening flour
- 170 milliliters of water
- 60 milliliters of sunflower oil
- A tablespoon of salt
- Pinch black pepper
For the filling:
- 3 units of Olives
- 1 unit of onion
- 1 unit of Egg
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 teaspoon of fine salt
- 1 unit of tomato
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 unit of green pepper
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Spicy to taste
- White wine to taste (optional)
This is the preparation of some tuna empanadas
- The first step is wash all supplies to be used, this includes vegetables and other culinary tools.
- Then, with the knife, cut all the ingredients from the list.
- Once the process is complete, the flour will be placed in a bowl together with the oil, water, salt and pepper.
- With the hands, all the ingredients will be mixed until they take on a smooth consistency, this should allow free manipulation. Leave stand for 30 minutes
- While the flour is resting, users will be able to advance the filling of the tuna patty.
- First, the egg will be placed in a small container or a pressure cooker. It is important to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Onions, tomatoes and green peppers must be chopped into squares or cubes.
- Now, place the oil in a pan and fry the onion with the peppers for 5 minutes or until the food has a golden appearance. Add the tomato and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a separate pot, the tuna will be cooking, but it is valid to say that it can be eaten directly from the can.
- Then, mix the chopped hard-boiled egg, tuna, olives, and vegetables for 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Now, the dough will be prepared. Take a roll and stretch as much as possible food on a flat surface.
- Take a large cookie sheet, although it can be any utensil but it is important that it is circular.
- Once the circumferences are obtained, the ideal is place a soup spoon on each lid.
- Once the empanada is obtained, the lid will close and press on the edges with a fork to prevent it from opening.
- In a 180 degree preheated oven, place the recipe in a greased container for 20 minutes or until they have a golden appearance.
- He flour thickness It should be fine, so that people can feel the taste of tuna more.
- Sauces can be sweet onion, the creole version or guasacaca. This is a variable that will depend on the consumers.
- The vegetables must be fresh at the time of preparation. The same goes for the heavy.
- A tip from the experts in the kitchen point out that the tuna freshly taken from the can has more taste or flavor.
This is the nutritional table of tuna empanadas
- Calories: 244 kcal.
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 g.
- Fat: 20%.
- Proteins: 34, 55 g.
- Sugar: 1. 9 g.