Tiramisu is a layered cold dessert, originating in Venice specifically from the eastern part of northern Italy, in the Veneto region in the 1950s.
Originally the tiramisu recipe consisted of: chicken egg, cocoa powder, sponge cake, mascarpone and coffee, however, today we find many variants that involve cupcakes, cream cheese, milk cream and even strawberries.
Ingredients for Tiramisu
- 4 eggs
- 80 grs. of sugar
- 500 grs. of mascarpone cheese or 250 grams of mascarpone cheese and 250 of milk cream.
- 1 package of vanilla, soleillas or savoiardi
- 50 grs. bitter cocoa
- Espresso or strong coffee
- A splash of coffee liquor
- Vanilla quantity needed
For the cream:
- We separate the whites from the yolks and reserve.
- In a container in a water bath we place the yolks with the sugar and vanilla. We beat this preparation in the form of eight for 10 minutes or until the mixture turns a light yellow color and has a letter-point consistency.
- In a bowl place the mascarpone cheese with a little vanilla and beat. If we are using the cream and cream cheese, we just have to unite them and add a little vanilla.
- Then, add the yolks with letter point to the previous mixture, mix and reserve.
For the assembly:
- Place the espresso coffee or strong coffee in a flat container and add the splash of liquor.
- In the tray where we are going to present the Tiramisu, add a little of the cream mixture to the bottom.
- Then, we moisten the vanilla beans in the coffee with liquor and place them in the container the way we want.
- Add a little of the cream to the vanilla, and repeat the previous step until you use all the mixture or reach the top of the container.
- Once the process is finished, we add the cocoa powder over the entire surface with the help of a strainer and take to the fridge for approximately 2 hours.
- Try not to moisten the vanillas a lot, This will cause the tiramisu layers to break and not be noticed.
- Do not detach from the yolks when they are in a water bath, since they cook very quickly and doing so will ruin the creamy dessert texture.
- If it is the first time that you make this delicious dessert and you want it to be shaped and the layers to be noticed, you can help yourself with a little unflavored gelatin. You should only dissolve 10 grs. in 30 cc of warm water and add it to the yolks.
- If you make this tiramisu overnight, it would be ideal, since all the flavors settle and better results are obtained.
Tiramisu Nutrition Facts
A serving of 100 grams contains:
- Calories: 366 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 49.7 g
- Fat: 19 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Sugar: 28 g