The risotto of pumpkin It’s one of the favorite dishes from the table of some Italian families to taste it at night for dinner.
It is considered as a vegetable soup like pumpkin or other ingredients, but adding a little loose and soft rice.
Although it sounds a little curious, it is a very rich dish and whose nutritional level is very balanced because it has carbohydrates and sugar.
Although it is valid to affirm that for people who are on a strict diet, pumpkin risotto can only be consumed once a week.
Prepare a delicious pumpkin risotto is not a topic to worry about, with this simple recipes you will become an expert to surprise your family and friends. Let’s start!
To make the pumpkin risotto it is based on the following ingredients:
- 40 g grated parmesan cheese
- 150 g rice
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 30 g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon (s) ground nutmeg
- 600 ml vegetable broth or water
- 5 g chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- Pinch of black pepper or salt to taste
The preparation of the pumpkin risotto is based on the following steps:
- To wash All the ingredients.
- Cook for 30 minutes food until vegetables are tender or can be pureed.
- In a separate pot, proceed to boil the pumpkin with a little of salt.
- After finishing 5 minutes, add the vegetable broth previously boiled.
- At the same time, in a saucepan add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and the bay leaves for a few minutes until a little steam emanates from it.
- Add the rice and stir with olive oil, but without the latter turning golden by cooking for 2 minutes.
- Little by little the rice is going to go incorporating the broth that has been prepared with the pumpkin that should have a creamy but liquid texture.
- Once all the broth is incorporated, we will proceed to stir a little so that both rice and vegetables are unified.
- The mixing process lasts 20 minutes.
- If you want to give a value added you can add a pinch of salt, nutmeg and pepper to taste, but they are values that cannot be abused because they would ruin the dish.
- Finally I know withdraw the bay leaves.
- Add a little Parmesan cheese to taste with the butter to mix well and add it to the dish glass with a little chopped parsley.
Important observation points before preparing the pumpkin risotto:
- When using the Integral rice It is important to ensure that you have gone through the refining process without a trace of gluten.
- For the vegan option, it is necessary to eliminate the butter and any product of animal consumption. Likewise, without the ingredients, it will have a rich flavor, so don’t worry.
- For lovers of creamy texture in the risotto you can add a little soy to make it softer on the palate.
- Both cheese and parsley are optional ingredients They can be changed by other elements that are more to the taste of consumers.
- Pumpkin is a base ingredient but it can be replaced for potatoes, jabas, tomato, or even zucchini.
Here’s the nutrition facts for pumpkin risotto:
- Calories: 572 kcal.
- Carbohydrates: 23 g.
- Fat: 27 g.
- Proteins: 18 g.
- Sugar: 11 g.