When I offered you the Lyonnaise of cream, I have already mentioned the historical origin of these sweets and how I got this magnificent recipe. However, I have also stressed that these cupcakes can be made in different sizes and fillings. Therefore, I am going to present you another delicious alternative which are “the truffle lionesses”, a cream widely used in pastry to fill all kinds of pastry choux, eclairs, or profiteroles, and also as a cake topper. On this cream there are innumerable recipes, but it seems to me that the one that I present to you is not only easy but unmatched if you use quality ingredients.
These pastry delicacies are wonderful to eat by hand and serve at parties where trays are passed or left on a table with other desserts:
– choux pastry Lyonnaise (see in creamy lyonnaise)
– 100 of 70% cocoa chocolate
– 400 whipping cream or 2 tetrabricks
– 4 tablespoons of icing sugar
– a pinch of salt
Optional: 2 or 3 tablespoon of brandy
1. Once you have the Lyonnaises made according to the recipe for choux pastry (see Lyonnaise in the oven) you let them cool first with the oven open and then you can remove them to a cool place:
2. To make the truffle cream you melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bain-marie as you see in the photo below, and when it is dissolved, add 4 tablespoons of cream without beating, which you have separated from the 400 gr. of cream.
3. The cream is beaten until it is very thick and, little by little, it is added the warm or almost cold chocolate, the four tablespoons of icing sugar and finally and very slowly the three tablespoons of brandy, until everything is well agglutinated, beating it the minimum and with enveloping movements and with a manual whisk; finally, it is put in the fridge for 3 or 4 hours.
4. When the Lyonnaises are cold, you can open and fill them. The filling will have thickened and will have that nice color that you see in the photo, but it will be light and with a spectacular flavor.
5. Finally sprinkle with icing sugar.
BON APPÉTIT AND GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!