Hake in tomato sauce is a delicious and different recipe, perfect for an elegant dinner with friends.
This fish is a very popular white meat species in: Argentina, Chile and Peru with which we can make simple, delicious and varied preparations.
Ingredients for Hake in tomato sauce:
- 4 fillets of hake.
- ½ kilo of crushed tomato.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Flour to batter necessary quantity
- 1 lemon
- 1 small onion.
- ½ clove of garlic.
- Parsley to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation for Hake in Tomato Sauce:
- We take the hake fillets and cut them in half. We add the lemon juice and take them to the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- We remove from the refrigerator add a little salt, pepper, coat them in a little flour, and take them to a baking tray.
- We place a frying pan on the fire, add four tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and place the garlic previously cut into thin sheets. Let brown for a few minutes, and then drizzle the hake fillets with a little of this hot oil.
- We take the tray with the hake fillets to a previously preheated oven at 180ºC for a period of approximately 10 or 12 minutes or until golden.
- Once ready, we remove the tray from the oven and place the liquid that has been released in a container, and reserve.
- We put a frying pan on the fire and add the onion previously cut into small pieces, a little parsley, a touch of salt and pepper. Let it be a little transparent and then add the crushed tomato and the teaspoon of sugar to remove acidity. We fry the ingredients for about 5 minutes, and then we pass this sauce through a pastry to make it finer.
- Now we put a frying pan on the fire and let it reduce a little to medium heat for 8, 10 minutes or until it is thick.
- We serve the hake with a little tomato salad, onion and romaine lettuce, mashed potatoes and / or a little rice and we bathe the hake with the tomato sauce.
Nutritional Information for Hake in tomato sauce:
- Calories: 105 kcal.
- Carbohydrates: 3g.
- Fat: 4g.
- Proteins: 12g.
- Sugar: 1g.