Today we prepare some coconut recipes that may be to your liking. He coconut is a very versatile and adaptable food with almost anything, since it is integrated in the recipes of strong dishes like the most common sweets. Although it is true, the coconut flavor is refreshing and very balanced.
There are a variety of ways on how to prepare it, but among the most important options are cakes, cookies, puddings, among other foods. To surprise your relatives, in this article we will show you two coconut recipes that you cannot miss.
1st coconut recipe: coconut flan without oven
The coconut flan is one of the softer and more popular desserts in Italian celebrations, especially during weddings or birthdays. Its consistency allows it to be the favorite of grandparents and children.
Its preparation is very simple, it only consists of having on hand all the ingredients and working utensils.
These are the ingredients to make a coconut flan
For the caramel:
- 4 tablespoons of water
- ½ cup refined sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
For the flan:
- 1 cup milk
- 387 grams of condensed milk
- 8 units of medium eggs
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- ¼ cup grated coconut
- Pinch mint leaves
- 1 cup coconut cream
This is the preparation of the coconut flan
- The first step is place in a pan all the aforementioned ingredients for caramel. Cooking will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Once ready, the caramel will be poured into a cake pan. The preparer will have to move the mold, in order for the caramel to spread throughout the area.
- In the blender, place all the ingredients requested for the flan. In the second speed, blend for a few minutes until the materials are incorporated.
- Add the resulting mixture over the caramel in the container.
- With a little aluminum foil, cover the flag and place it on a deep pot with boiling water. After locating the container, cover the container and leave for a few minutes over medium heat.
- After 40 minutes, remove to refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- With the help of rhythmic movements, remove it from the plate and decorate with a little grated coconut on the surface.
Coconut flan nutritional chart
- Calories: 314 Kcal.
- Carbohydrates: 8.1 g.
- Fat: 8.73 g.
- Proteins: 5, 55 g.
- Sugar: 15. 9 g.
2nd Coconut Recipe: Cookies
Coconut cookies is one of the children’s favorite desserts, since they can be consumed at any time. This type of sweet is very popular for being easy and very rich to receive a visit.
For this reason, we will explain a simple and practical recipe for you to surprise all your loved ones.
These are the ingredients for coconut cookies
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 125 grams of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon of very hot water
This is the preparation of coconut cookies
- The first step is mix in a bowl flour together with oatmeal, sugar and coconut.
- In a separate container, the butter and maple syrup are melted.
- Dissolve all the bicarbonate in the water, to include in the resulting mixture with the butter in a frying pan over low heat.
- It is very important to make a hole in the flour. Once done, pour the mixture prepared in the pan on the dough.
- With the help of a wooden spoon or your hands, knead all the ingredients until you create a consistent dough or dough.
- Then form small balls. Place them on a previously greased or buttered cake tray.
- Put the container with the balls in a oven preheated to 160 degrees. The cooking process lasts 10 minutes. Another indication that they are ready is that when introducing a knife it comes out clean or its texture is golden.
This is the approximate nutritional table for each coconut cookie
- Calories: 120 Kcal.
- Carbohydrates: 5.1 g.
- Fat: 3.60 g.
- Proteins: 1, 2g.
- Sugar: 5. 6 g.