The cream punch is a Venezuelan drink that has more than a century of tradition. Currently, this drink is typically consumed at Christmas, as it is a classic of Christmas dinner and New Years Eve, although it can be consumed throughout the year.
This drink is very easy and quick to prepare made from eggs, condensed milk, spices and liquor.
Ingredients for the Cream Punch:
- 1 can (395 grams) of condensed milk.
- 1/2 cup of liquid milk
- 1 piece of lemon peel.
- 4-5 cloves.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- 1 cup of white rum.
- Freshly grated nutmeg.
Preparation for the Cream Punch:
- In a pot we place the condensed milk, the liquid milk, the lemon peel, the cloves and the cinnamon. We remove and bring to heat without boiling.
- In a small container we place the yolks and cornstarch and mix very well.
- When the milk is hot add a cup to the mixture of the yolks with the cornstarch and mix quickly.
- Then, we add this mixture to the rest of the warm milk and continue cooking over medium heat and stirring constantly with the help of a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens.
- Once ready, let the mixture cool for a few minutes. Then, strain the preparation with the help of a strainer.
- Now, add the rum and stir with the wooden spoon until you get the rum touch you want.
- We can serve this cream punch very cold or accompanied by some ice cubes.
- As an additional touch we can add a little cocoa powder, and give it a chocolate touch.
Nutritional Information for Cream Punch:
- Calories: 218 kcal.
- Carbohydrates: 25g.
- Fat: 7g.
- Proteins: 7g.
- Sugar: 25g.