Welcome to our web site
The seafood clams It is a dish that has a lot sea flavor, in addition to being popular when it comes to Spanish cuisine.
Although to prepare this dish you have to empty the account a little, because some of its ingredients are a little expensive, it is worth trying this delicious food.
It is frequent find this dish on Christmas tables in many regions of Spain.
Ingredients necessary to prepare clams a la marinera
For this dish you will need the following ingredients:
- 600 g of fresh clams (if they are alive and you bought them that same day it is even better)
- Half finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 0.5g chilli
- 20 g of wheat flour
- 10 g sweet paprika
- 15 ml of homemade fried tomato
- 100 ml of sherry
- Laurel, fresh parsley and extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of clams a la marinera
- To begin, the clams should be left to soak for at least two hours, in a pot with plenty of water and a large tablespoon of salt, this is so that the clams release all the salt they may have.
- Change the water in the clams at least every half hour, to make sure you clean them well.
- Once this time has elapsed, start opening the clams. For this, they must be steamed over a pot, adding a glass of water, a teaspoon of salt and a bay leaf.
- As the clams open, they must be removed. keep them in another container.
- Once this procedure is finished, we take a frying pan and proceed to make the sauce.
- Place the pan on medium heat and add a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Then add the half onion, the chilli and the garlic clove. All this must be very well chopped.
- Let cook until they practically fall apart and we proceed to add the paprika and wheat flour and stir quickly, thus preparing a paste or the well-known “roux“
- Once the pasta is done, add the sherry wine and stir well until the alcohol evaporates.
- Next, add the fried tomato and the previously strained water where the clams were opened.
- Let the preparation shrink for at least five minutes. After this time, add the previously opened and reserved clams to the pan.
- Let it cook for at least 3 or 4 minutes or until the sauce start to get thicker and put out the fire.
- Let it rest a little and transfer the clams to a plate. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- It is essential to ensure to completely remove the sand from the clams.
- Change the water to the clams at least three times before starting to open them.
- The most recommended is to buy the live clams and cook them the same day.
- If you add a little white wine to the preparation just before adding the clams, it will have an even tastier and more intense result.
- Have all the ingredients prepared before starting the recipe, because when you start the steps, they must be used quickly.
- If the clam is broken you have to throw it away.
- Make sure you buy all the quality ingredients, this will be the secret of an excellent seafood clam recipe.
- If you like the spicy taste in the food, it you can add a little hot paprika to the recipe.
- If you don’t have flour to thicken the sauce, you can also do it with a few slices of fried bread. These are added together with the wine and the broth.
- Avoid leaving the preparation overnight without having stored it, as it will be damaged and the entire preparation must be thrown away.
Nutritional information for seafood clams
It is important to know the amount of calories or nutrients you eat per portion, so here is the nutritional table of this delicious dish.
For each serving of 100 gr you will have:
- Calories: 48 Kcal
- Fats: 1.61 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Total proteins: 10.7 g