Welcome to our web site
Fried or Chinese rice is a dish originating in Chinese cuisine and dates from 4000 BC. c. This dish has rice as the main ingredient and basically consists of cooked rice that is sautéed over high heat and very fast.
The ingredients used in the preparation of fried rice are many, however, ingredients are usually included, such as: carrots, bean sprouts, celery, peas or tofu that is combined with other ingredients, such as chicken, pork, shrimp and spam.
This dish is usually cooked in a wok with a little vegetable oil or animal fat to prevent sticking, and seasoned with soy sauce that, in addition to flavor, gives fried rice its characteristic color.
Ingredients of Chinese style fried rice
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 1 chicken breast, minced
- 1 cup fresh shrimp
- 2 beef or pork steak
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 or 3 chives
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 piece of ginger
- 3 tablespoons of lard or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- a pinch of salt
Preparation of Chinese-style fried rice
- We separate the grains of the rice well so that it is very loose.
- Cut the meats into small cubes, peel the prawns and reserve.
- Chop the carrot, celery, chives, ginger and reserve.
- We heat a wok or a deep frying pan until it starts to smoke.
- Add a little oil or lard and sauté the meats separately and reserve them in the same way.
- In the same wok add a little more fat or oil and sauté the vegetables in order. Ginger first, then carrot, celery, peas, and bean sprouts. Add a little salt, soy and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the meats to the previous preparation and integrate.
- We cook the beaten eggs in another pan as if it were an omelette and, when they are ready, cut them into strips and reserve.
- Add the eggs to the wok where the other ingredients are and mix.
- Add the white rice, a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce and combine.
- Finally we incorporate the fresh chives and remove from the heat.
For the armed
- We put the rice in a deep container, add a little more fresh chives, some altered shrimp on top and that’s it, enjoy!
- This is a dish that can be accompanied by some pork ribs, a sweet and sour chicken and / or a lumpia.
- If we do not have rice from the previous day, the ideal is to do it a couple of hours before making this preparation if this fridge is much better.
- When sautéing the meats, do it over high heat so that they retain all the flavor.
- When sautéing the different vegetables do not leave them too long so that they do not lose their texture.
Nutritional information for Chinese-style fried rice
A portion of a cup
- Calories 299 kcal.
- Protein 11.23 g.
- Carbohydrate 37.52 g.
- Sugar 1.35 g.
- Fat 11.11 g.