When it comes to preparations, rice is surely your main ingredient, due to its versatility and, of course, yielding quality.
This time we present you an easy, simple, fast and of course very delicious recipe, it is the chicken rice casserole.
A recipe that will make you look like a chef and that you can share either during dinner or lunch with your friends and / or family.
Ingredients of the chicken rice casserole
- 2 cups chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cup of rice
- 1 large onion
- 4 leeks
- 3 oil tablespoons
- ½ cup of white wine
- 2 cubes of chicken stock
- 3 cups of water
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of the chicken rice casserole
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, add a little salt, pepper and reserve.
- We cut the onion into small squares and the leek into fine wheels.
- We take a pot to the fire and place three tablespoons of oil, when it is hot we add the chicken and let it brown on all sides for a few minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, and add the onion, leeks and thyme. Let it cook until the onion is transparent.
- After time, add the previously sealed chicken, and add the rice, sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, and then add the white wine and let it evaporate.
- Then, add the water to the cube of chicken stock, a little salt, pepper and cook the rice for about 40 minutes or until it is soft.
- We serve with plenty of grated cheese and a little fresh parsley.
Nutrition facts for chicken rice casserole
A portion of 100 grs. contains:
- Calories 366 kcal
- Protein 26.6 g
- Carbohydrate 81.6 g
- Sugar 2.08 g
- Fat 0.9 g