Canarian-style yellow chicken rice, rice recipes
Welcome to our web site
Yellow rice with chicken
Did you know rice It is the most consumed food in the world.
More than half of the world population feeds on rice this being their main meal. It is cultivated in all regions of the planet and there are thousands of varieties, which makes it a very versatile food.
Yellow rice with chicken is the Canary version of the Paella or one more version of all those fabulous rice recipes that we have throughout Spain, especially in the Levante area.
It seems incredible that I had not yet published any recipe with rice, with what I like, I also like all kinds of rice, from the simple White rice to make a Cuban or as Garrison, passing by the oriental ones, the risottos, the broths, mellow or paella, mmm I wouldn’t know which one to stay with 🙂
The truth is that they have always given me respect, they seem difficult to prepare and I think it is one of those dishes in which the experience is a plus.
Each type of rice requires a different cooking and then you have to add the resting time, so maybe that’s why I had not dared to put any recipe rice Until now, because I always feel insecure when preparing them, except with the white rice that one always works out for me 😉
curiously the white rice It is one of the first dishes you learn to cook, at least my mother was one of the first things she taught me, that and making a fried egg, haha, how many years!
Anyway, here is my version of yellow rice with chickenI hope you like it and tell me How do you prepare rice in your house? Do you have a different family recipe? maybe you put chorizo how Jamie Oliver, haha.
Chicken yellow rice recipe
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 2 glasses of bomba rice (or short grain)
- 5 glasses of chicken stock or water
- 1 k of chicken thighs or ham
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 3 or 4 frying tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika from La Vera
- 1 carrot
- 100 g of beans
- 100 g frozen or canned peas
- A few strands of saffron
- Canned olives and bell peppers (for garnish)
- Yellow dye (optional)
How to do it:
- First remove the skin from the chicken and fat, salt and pepper the thighs.
- In a flat cauldron or a paella pan if you prefer, put a little oil and fry the chicken over high heat, until it is well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken and reserve it.
- In the same oil of frying the chicken *, fry first the garlics minced, just until they turn brown, then add chopped onion and bell pepper and sauté over low heat until soft. Then add the tomatoes peeled and cut into pieces or crushed natural tomato and cook until frying thickens.
- Once you have the frying at its point add a teaspoon of peppers and fry for half a minute while continuing to stir.
- Then add the carrot peeled and cut into small squares and the beans cut into pieces of about 2 cm. long (more or less) and sauté the vegetables for a couple of minutes.
- Add now chicken and rice and fry everything again so that the rice is impregnated with the frying.
- Pour the broth or the water, stir everything well and add saffron threads and Salt to taste, if you want you can add a pinch of Yellow dye too. Turn the heat up to maximum until it starts to boil, now you can add frozen peas and wait for it to start boiling again.
- Now lower the heat a little, the rice bomb it takes about 12 or 13 minutes In being done, after this time check that it is done and the point of salt and remove it from the fire. Cover it with a clean cloth or kitchen paper and the lid of the cauldron so that it rests and finishes taking control of the residual heat.
- Decorate on top with olives and some strips of Bell pepper.