Welcome to our web site
If you are looking for a simple recipe and full of flavors, It is because you have to prepare a Biscay cod. This is one of the most succulent dishes that traditional Spanish cuisine has.
In fact, during religious holidays it is a highly prepared dish for its exotic but refreshing flavor. Finding it is very easy because it is present in all restaurant menus.
It is very important to note that there are other recipes with cod, but they have not managed to dethrone this method. For this reason, we will teach you how to prepare the best cod in Biscay.
These are the ingredients for the Biscay cod
- 800 grams of desalted cod loin
- 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 4 bell peppers
- 50 grams of wheat flour
- 2 glasses of fish broth, if you don’t have it you can use the water
- 2 medium onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 slice of bread
- 5 choriceros peppers
- A splash of olive oil
- A pinch of salt to the taste of preparers
This is the preparation of the cod in Biscay
- The first step is to wash all the ingredients and the working utensils.
- Peel and chop the onion finely.
- In a flat saucepan, apply a dash of olive oil to add the chopped onions. It has to sauté for more than 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic next to the previously grated slice of bread. These two ingredients will help in the consistency of the sauce.
- When bread or ingredients are goldenAdd the bell peppers into thin strips accompanied by the chorizo peppers.
- The preparer will have to mix all the materials for more than 5 minutes in order to integrate them correctly.
- Once the process is complete, add the fish stock or water with the salt that will be to the taste of the consumer. Let cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
- It is vital not to forget to mix the sauce from time to time to prevent the ingredients from sticking.
- When there are 5 minutes left, add the cod and cook for 10 more minutes to adopt the flavors.
- Then, remove the fish from the sauce and gobble it up with wheat flour to fry it. Remove and let drain.
- Then, it can be placed on an elongated plate with a little sauce as an accompaniment.
How is a cod desalinated?
Cod has a reputation for being a very salty food. For this reason, it is vital to follow a procedure to remove much of this component, its steps are as follows:
- Firstly, the user has to cut the fish’s loin into medium cubes, the size will be approximately 200 grams to optimize the procedure.
- Place the pieces in a large enough container with plenty of water. Let stand for 48 hours in the liquid, but the changes will be every 6 hours to remove all the salt.
- During the time the procedure is carried out, the fish must be refrigerated so as not to lose conditions.
- A trick to know that the salt is yielding is to smell the water, if it has a salty touch it is because the procedure is correct.
How can you make a good presentation of a cod in Biscay?
Actually, the presentation of cod to Biscay is very simple, it consists of the following criteria:
- The first step is to pass the sauce through a masher, this in order to convert it into a thick liquid.
- Then, taking the pieces of cod is vital to place them up on a long and beautiful plate. If it is ceramic, the better.
- With the help of a soup spoon, take a little of the sauce and pour it over the fish, it is very important that it does not look like soup.
- Finally, a piece of bread can be placed on the side areas to enjoy.
This is the nutritional table for Biscay cod
- Calories: 356 kcal.
- Carbohydrates: 32.5 g.
- Fat: 10.0 g.
- Proteins: 17, 55 g.
- Sugar: 1. 9 g.