Welcome to our web site
Nasi Goreng is a very popular dish in Malaysia and Indonesia, being known in the latter as a national dish and whose literal translation means fr fried rice ’.
Although it contains the basic ingredients of a fried rice, its complexity is given by its peculiar mixture of sauces and spices.
Ingredients for the Nasi Goreng: a combined fried rice
- 2 cups of white rice the day before.
- 100g boneless chicken (thigh)
- 100g of clean shrimp without shell
- 1/2 chopped chive
- 1 minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons Indonesia Kecap Manis sweet soy sauce or regular sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp shrimp paste, shrimp powder or oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp of tamarind paste or lime juice.
- 1 tsp Sambal Oelek
- 1 tsp of brown sugar or palm or brown sugar
Preparation of the Nasi Goreng: a combined fried rice
- We place the wok to heat and add the sunflower and sesame oil.
- When it is hot, add the chives and the previously minced garlic.
- Add the chicken, the prawns and sauté for a few minutes.
- Then, we break the egg, beat it a little and integrate it into the wok mixture.
- After the egg is cooked, add the soy sauce, the shrimp and tamarind paste, the sambal oelek, a little sugar and sauté.
- When all the ingredients are well integrated add the cold rice, a little salt and sauté for a few minutes.
- Finally, we add a little chopped green chives on top and serve.
- We must cook all the ingredients over very high heat and move constantly so that it does not stick to the wok.
Nasi Goreng Nutrition Facts: A Combined Fried Rice
A portion of 210 grs. contains:
- Calories 346 kcal
- Protein 12.93 g
- Carbohydrate 44.95 g
- Sugar 2.08 g
- Fat 12.25 g