Meatballs with sausages and broccoli. Quick and easy recipe
Meatballs with sausages and broccoli: sausages and broccoli are one of the most popular combinations of Neapolitan cuisine enclosed in a crunchy meatballs, good both fried and baked. The broccoli are a particular type of broccoli / turnip, with a bitter taste typical of Campania. If you can't find the broccoli, you can use the turnip greens. Try these meatballs they are easy to make the next day they are even better, so prepare a few more!
Ingredients for 15-20 meatballs
- 3 medium sausages
- 100 gr of breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 400 grams of broccoli without stems (only leaves) alternatively turnip greens
- 30 gr of grated Grana (2 tablespoons)
- 1 clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- peanut oil
WATCH THE VIDEO RECIPE: MEATBALLS OF SAUSAGES AND FRIARIELLI
How to prepare sausage and broccoli meatballs
- Chop the crumb and pass it to the mixer with the grated Parmesan cheese, remove the hardest stalks from the broccoli and leave only the leaves and tops, wash them several times.
- Put 1 clove of garlic and 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan, let the garlic brown and add the broccoli, at the beginning they will make a lot of volume, let them stew by putting a lid on for 15 minutes. We shoot from time to time. At this point the broccoli are ready, remove the garlic and put them in a colander with a container underneath to remove the excess water.After about 10 minutes they will have lost almost all the water and have cooled down, chop them with a knife or with scissors like I did. Not in the mixer, they would become a cream and would not have a good consistency. Let's keep the broccoli aside.
- We remove the casing from the sausages, (NB in Naples the sausages are not made with minced meat, but "knife-tip" so the meat is roughly cut, in this case pass them to the mixer to grind them better).
- We combine all the ingredients in a container: broccoli, breadcrumbs, 1 egg, sausages and mix everything well.
- We proceed to form the meatballs, we also keep a saucer on the work surface with 2 eggs beaten with a pinch of salt inside, in another dish we put a few tablespoons of grated bread. We dip the meatballs (with a flattened shape for better cooking) first in the beaten egg and then pass them in the breadcrumbs. We fry in hot peanut oil, frying first on one side and then on the other. we serve hot
- To cook in the oven, just put the meatballs in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil on the bottom and a drizzle of oil on the meatballs. Cook at 190 degrees for 15 minutes, turning the meatballs halfway through cooking.
You might be interested in:
Meatballs with sausages and broccoli
Enjoy your meal!