Crumbled potatoes and sausage Quick and easy recipe
Crumbled potatoes and sausage: a potato pie filled with sausages and provolone, with the potatoes on the surface arranged in tufts that recall the famous crumbled cake. The preparation is simple, not very fast as between the various steps and cooking it takes about 1 hour and a half
Ingredients for a 22 cm cake pan
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 2 sausages
- 2 eggs
- 150 gr of provolone or scamorza cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons of grated Grana
- salt, pepper and oil
- 50 gr of butter
How to make crumbled potatoes and sausages
- The first thing to do is to boil the potatoes: put a kg of potatoes rinsed under running water with the skin still in a pan with cold water. We put on the fire and after the boil we let it cook for 20 minutes.
- We deprive the sausages of the external casing, crumble them and let them brown in a pan with a little oil for a few minutes. Let's keep them aside.
- Meanwhile the potatoes are cooked, remove the skin and mash them with a potato masher in a large bowl.
- Add 30 g of butter, grated Grana Padano, eggs, salt and pepper to the mashed potatoes, mix.
- We put a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, then butter the pan and distribute a thin layer of breadcrumbs
- We divide the patete mixture into two halves: one half we distribute on the bottom and at the edges.
- Add the filling: sausages and provolone cubes (dry, or scamorza)
- We cover the pie with the remaining potato mixture distributed in tufts.
- On the surface, add some breadcrumbs and pieces of butter.
- We bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° for 35 minutes.
And your potato pie is ready: the Crumbled potatoes and sausage
WINE PAIRING: White wine with a subtle body such as Bianco del Sannio or Trebbiano di Romagna.
In this blog for wine and liqueur combinations I consulted the site: www.bodegasdevino.org
Crumbled potatoes and sausage
Enjoy your meal!