Brutti ma Buoni with cocoa. Quick and easy recipe
Ugly but good with cocoa: these quick and easy to make cookies are a great classic of Italian cuisine. We can define them as the cousins of meringues but with hazelnuts to enrich the dough, in this version I added cocoa and I must tell the truth they are really delicious! Ugly because they do not have a well-defined shape but this makes them even easier to make! Almonds can be used as a substitute for hazelnuts in the Prato style. Perfect as a gift at Christmas, or simply to be enjoyed next to tea, ideal for when you have some egg whites left over. I assure you that you will fall in love with it.
Ingredients for about 20 biscuits
- 125 gr of chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 150 grams of sugar
- 2 egg whites (about 65/70 grams of egg whites)
- 2 tablespoons of bitter cocoa (15 g)
WATCH THE UGLY BUT GOOD VIDEO BELOW
1.Mount the egg whites with 2 tablespoons of sugar taken from the total, whip until they have a shiny appearance
2. After whipping the egg whites Finally add the cocoa and the remaining sugar
3. Turn with a spatula and finally add the hazelnuts
4. Put the mixture in a saucepan and stir continuously until the mixture dries away from the saucepan
5. Remove from the heat and with two spoons make piles placing them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 150 ° for about 20 minutes (cooking time varies according to the oven - min 18 min max 25 minutes). the biscuits will be shiny outside and a little lighter than at the start of cooking.
Enjoy your meal!