Homemade croissants quick and easy recipe with a little butter
Homemade croissant croissant and cappuccino, this is the Italian breakfast, there is little to do! So why don't we try making croissants at home? In this recipe for croissants the dough is more like brioche dough and therefore there is not too much butter like in the puffed ones! With these doses you will get 24 so I recommend that you freeze them as soon as they are made (before rising) and thaw them the night before by covering them with cling film and then bake them for 15 minutes in the morning.Soft, fragrant and homemade!
If you were looking for 16 Croissants with a little butter and oil click here (previous version)
Ingredients for 24 croissants
For the dough
- 300 grams of flour 00
- 300 gr of Manitoba (or 600 gr of flour 0)
- 2 eggs
- 300 grams of milk
- 80 grams of granulated sugar
- 40 gr of butter (of excellent quality)
- 10 gr of brewer's yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
For the fake peeling
- 60 gr of butter (excellent quality)
- About 40 grams of granulated sugar
- Nutella or jam for filling * optional
VIDEO RECIPE CORNETTI HERE:
How to prepare homemade croissants
Put the flour in a large bowl, add the sugar, the milk, the crumbled yeast and start mixing with a wooden spoon.
Always stirring, add the 2 eggs, then the salt and finally add the soft butter into small pieces and knead with your hand; then pour the dough on the lightly floured work surface, knead until you get a uniform dough. Now put the dough in a large bowl in which you have poured a drop of olive oil, put the dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for about 2 hours. Put the dough on the work surface and divide it into 8 loaves
Let's proceed with the Fake peeling: Use the first 4 loaves (then you will repeat the same operations for the other 4 too)
- Roll out the first block with a rolling pin on the lightly floured work surface to create a disc of thin dough 2 mm, brush the upper surface of the disc with melted butter (previously melted in a double boiler or in the microwave) and add about a tablespoon of powdered granulated sugar to the surface.
- Then proceed with second block of dough forming another disk, superimpose it on the first, repeat the operation brushing the surface and adding the sprinkled granulated sugar.
- Now roll out the third block and overlap the second course, brush again with melted butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Finally the fourth block forming another disc and superimpose it on the third. With a rolling pin, lightly press and roll out these four overlapping discs a little. Cover them and put them in the fridge to cool for at least half an hour so that the butter present between the various layers hardens again.
REPEAT THESE same OPERATIONS (from number 1 to 4) also for the other 4 loaves.
Also put these discs in the fridge covered with film.
Now you have two discs in the fridge, take the first one and put it on the work surface, with a sharp knife, or with a pizza wheel divide the disc into 12 wedges, first cutting in a cross and then further dividing each part into 3 other segments (as in the video).
If you want to fill the base of the triangle / wedge put a teaspoon of filling (jam, cream or Nutella) and wrap the base on itself, try to widen the base a little to create the tips of the croissant.
PROCEED IN THE SAME WAY ALSO WITH THE SECOND DISC you have in the fridge.
In all you will get 24 croissants
Place the croissants on a sheet of parchment paper, space them a little from each other, let them rise for 2 hours (or until doubled, even earlier if you put them in a warm enough place). After leavening, brush the surface with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar or granulated sugar.
Bake in a preheated oven at 170 ° for about 20 minutes or in any case until they are golden.
Note: The croissants you want to keep do not let them rise. Put them in the freezer and keep them.
The night before use, remove them from the freezer, gently place (like a veil) the transparent film on the croissants without sealing. They will rise all night, in the morning bake and enjoy your homemade croissants. Enjoy your meal!
PERFECT MATCH: Latte or orange juice.
Enjoy your meal!