Carrot Plumcake Quick and easy recipe
Carrot plumcake: a very simple dessert to make, it is so reminiscent of the famous Camille carrot snacks, perfect for snack and breakfast, I prefer the plumcake mold for breakfast sweets, but a 22 cm diameter cake pan can also be used. Try it, it is very good and remains moist and soft for several days by storing it in a sealed bag for food.
(for a mold of plum cake 22 × 10 or one cake pan from 22 cm)
- 300 grams of carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
- 190 grams of granulated sugar
- 190 grams of flour 00
- 120 ml of sunflower oil
- 50 gr of potato starch
- 3 eggs
- 1 orange (grated zest of 1 orange and juice of 1/2 orange)
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
VIDEO RECIPE - CARROT PLUMCAKE
How to make a Carrot Plumcake
- We turn on the oven (static at 175 °).
- Grease and flour the chosen mold.
- We wash and peel the carrots (removing the dirtiest external part with the knife). Cut the carrots into slices and put them in a mixer to finely chop them together with the grated rind ofOrange and the juice of half an orange andseed oil. We whirl for a minute intermittently. I recommend the result must be very fine, there must be no pieces of carrots!
- We also add the chopped carrots 3 eggs, and whisk for a few moments to mix the ingredients.
- We will get a smooth and foamy cream.
- in a large bowl combine the dry ingredients: sugar, a pinch of salt and then the flour with potato starch and baking powder all sifted in a colander; mix with a hand whisk and add the carrot cream, incorporate the ingredients well and pour into the mold (or cake pan) previously buttered and floured.
- We bake a 175 ° in a static oven preheated for about 30-35 minutes, the tecchino test is always valid (each oven is a story in itself); if it should brown too much on the surface before cooking, put a sheet of aluminum foil on the top shelf.
- Let it cool on a wire rack and after half an hour remove from the mold and serve.
NBWe keep it wrapped in a film or in a food bag so it preserves its humidity and softness for 3-4 days.
Enjoy your meal!