Homemade bread without dough Quick and easy recipe
Homemade bread without dough "No Knead Bread " ; in this period we are trying our hand by delighting everyone in the kitchen, focusing above all on leavened products, more or less complicated. Bread is certainly the recipe that gives the most satisfaction when it is made.
This recipe has been on the internet in recent days, but the process was devised in 2006 by the baker Jim Lahey of Sullivan St. Bakery in New York, there is also his video on youtube of those years. I changed the aspect ratio and timing a bit. I loved it, crunchy crust, alveolate crumb really looks like bread from the bakery! Perhaps the only drawback is keeping part of the fridge occupied for one night, but you can also leave it at room temperature! For the rest it is very easy to make.
Also my video below.
- 400 grams of flour 0
- 300 grams of warm water
- 5 grams of fresh brewer's yeast (or 2 of dehydrated yeast)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 or 2 level teaspoons of salt (according to taste)
VIDEO RECIPE HOME MADE BREAD
- Dissolve the brewer's yeast in a cup with a little water and a pinch of sugar.
- Put the flour in a large bowl, pour in the dissolved yeast (or the dried granular one which instead should not be dissolved but simply added to the flour), add a teaspoon of sugar, warm water (300 g). We mix a few moments and then add the salt last, mix with a spatula (or a spoon), just long enough to incorporate the various ingredients.
- Cover with cling film and let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes, then mix again, giving a few turns with the spatula, cover and repeat this operation two more times, always waiting 10 minutes between one stir and the other, in total half ' Now.
- At this point, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 16-18 hours. I make the dough around 4 pm, and then get the bread for lunch the next day.
- After 16-18 hours we take the dough from the fridge that has risen a little, there will also be bubbles on the surface, pour the dough onto a floured pastry board, roll out the dough by tapping with fingertips to release the leavening gas , and gently roll out the dough to form a rectangle (as in the video above).
- We make the 3 folds by taking the flap at the top and bringing it towards the center, then we bring the flap down towards the center, we also fold the horizontal direction in 3, taking the left flap and bringing it to the center and then the right one always towards the center The procedure is similar to wrapping a gift).
- We can repeat this operation another time, rolling the dough into a rectangle again, or (as in the video) roll the dough on itself thus creating a loaf (if you want to obtain a loaf of bread, leave this shape, otherwise give the round shape, the procedure is clear in the video).
- Now put the dough in a bowl in which we will have put a floured cloth, put a little flour on the surface, close the cloth on the dough and let it rise for 2-3 hours in a warm place in the kitchen.
- after 2-3 hours, we put a steel pot (or an earthenware, or a cast iron - or in any case a pot without plastic parts) in the oven at 220 ° for 10 minutes, then put the dough in the hot pot, cover with the lid of the pot and bake in a static oven at 220 ° for 25 minutes, then remove the lid and finish cooking for another 20 minutes.
- Let's take out and eat the freshly warmed bread! it will remain soft for 2 days wrapped in a clean towel.
Homemade bread without dough
Enjoy your meal!