American Chocolate Brownies Original American recipe quick and easy
Original American recipe chocolate brownies: Among the various versions of this dessert that I love very much, this is definitely the best that I have tried and found in books, magazines and the web. That of Brownies is one of the most loved American recipes in Italy. It is a caloric dessert, rich in taste, and very chocolaty, so in order not to exceed it just cut small portions. Below you will find the recipe with some tricks to get the perfect brownies bars!
Ingredients for a 30 × 25 pan
- Butter 280 gr
- dark chocolate 225 gr
- bitter cocoa powder 90 gr
- coffee powder 6 grams
- granulated sugar 420
- brown sugar 40 gr
- vanilla extract 2 tsp
- salt 1 tsp
- eggs 6
- flour 150 gr
How to make American Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 175/180 ° C. Grease a 30 × 25 pan with butter to keep the parchment paper from moving, then line with parchment paper, leaving the protrusion on all sides.
- Pour the chopped dark chocolate (cut with a knife) into a heat resistant bowl, add the unsweetened cocoa powder and the instant coffee.Put the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until the butter comes to a boil slowly, about 5 minutes, swirling the pan from time to time.
- Immediately pour the hot butter over the chocolate mixture and let it sit for 2 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted, then set aside.
- Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt and eggs one at a time in another larger bowl. We mix with an electric mixer at high speed until it becomes light clear and frothy, about 7-8 minutes.
- With the whisk on, pour the slightly cooled chocolate and butter mixture and mix until everything is combined
- Sift the flour into the mixture and use a rubber spatula to gently mix from top to bottom to maintain the frothy consistency.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and level the top with a spatula. Bake on the central shelf of the oven at 175 degrees until the dough swells (about 20 minutes).
- Remove the cake from the oven and gently beat the pan on a flat surface 3-4 times until the brownies deflate slightly creating the characteristic crepe. This will allow the cake to be compact and level.
- Re-bake and bake another 20 minutes by placing a sheet of aluminum foil on the top shelf of the oven. The cake is now cooked even if it will still be moist inside with the toothpick test. This is the exact consistency. Let the brownies cool still in the pan and cut into squares only when everything has cooled down. To cut brownies flawlessly, immerse the knife in hot water and dry it for each cut.
And here are yours American brownies. Enjoy your meal!
PAIRING: Tea or milk and coffee, or Passito di Pantelleria
For the wine pairing I consulted the site: www.bodegasdevino.org
Enjoy your meal!