Quick and easy Neapolitan-style pasta and peas
Pasta with green peas : peas contain fiber, a good amount of mineral salts and trace elements, over 90 mg per 100 grams. Potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium and to a lesser extent iron, make this food extremely suitable for the well-being and health of the body.
Preparation: 5 minutes Cooking: 15 minutes Execution: easy
Ingredients for 2 people
- 220 gr of frozen peas (Spring Peas)
- 120 gr of short pasta (thimbles, tubes or broken spaghetti)
- 50 gr of bacon (or 2 slices of raw ham)
- less than 1/2 onion
- oil, salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese (Grana Padano or Provolone del Monaco)
VIDEO RECIPE NEAPOLITAN PASTA AND PEAS
- To prepare your pasta and peas, start by putting the oil in a saucepan, brown the onion and the bacon (or raw ham), brown a little, remove the bacon and keep it aside, we will add it before serving the dish .
- Now add the peas and cover them with water. Cook them for 5 minutes. At this point add the salt and the pasta (raw). Cook according to the times indicated on the pasta package. During cooking, if necessary, add a little hot water to just cover the pasta.
- You can stir in 2 tablespoons of grated Grana at the end of cooking (in Naples we use the Monaco cheese which, however, is not easily found in other areas of Italy). Add the cooked bacon kept aside and serve. Pepper and here's your quick and easy Pasta and Peas ...ENJOY YOUR MEAL!!!
(In the photo I used the "broken spaghetti" while in the video above I used a small format "the thimbles").
pasta and lentils
pasta and chickpeas
pasta and pumpkin
pasta and beans
But pay attention to the form in which this delicious food is consumed: in fact, if we compare the types of peas based on the calories provided we will see that:
- The frozen peas they provide 48 calories / 100 grams;
- in box drained they bring 55 calories / 100 grams;
- fresh raw they provide 70 calories / 100 grams;
- buckets they provide 285 calories / 100 grams.
WINE PAIRING: Frascati.
For the wine pairing I consulted the site:www.bodegasdevino.org
Enjoy your meal!