Creamy coffee cake Quick and easy recipe
Creamy coffee cake: a sweet made with ricotta and without flour, with the unmistakable aroma of coffee. A cross between tiramisù and cheesecake. Easy to make. I used a 22 cm diameter cake pan, to get a higher cake just use a 20 cm cake pan
Ingredients for a 22 cm cake pan
- 500 gr of cow's milk ricotta
- 120 grams of granulated sugar
- 50 gr of espresso coffee
- 50 grams of milk
- 3 eggs
- 20 gr of corn starch
- 1 sachet of vanillin (or 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence)
- unsweetened cocoa powder
How to make creamy coffee cake
- We prepare a 2-cup mocha. And set aside 1 cup full of coffee (50 g) and let it cool to room temperature.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar for a couple of minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy, add the ricotta (preferably sifted), the cup full of coffee (50 gr), the milk, the vanilla (or the vanillin sachet ) and mix everything with an electric mixer. Finally, add the cornstarch (Maizena), and mix.
- We line the mold with parchment paper and pour the mixture into the pan.
- We put in a preheated static oven at 170Â ° for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool, sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder and serve.
NB. I recommend sifting the ricotta before adding it to the bowl. If the cake takes too much color on the surface, put a sheet of aluminum foil on the top shelf of the oven to prevent it from burning.
It can be stored for a couple of days under a glass bell (in winter) while in summer it is preferable to keep the cake in the fridge.
Creamy coffee cake
Enjoy your meal!