James A. Moore was born in Nova Scotia and arrived in Seattle around 1886. Shortly thereafter he teamed with William D. Wood (1858-1917), who later became Seattle's mayor, to develop property in and around the city. Together they developed almost 1,000 acres in the Green Lake area, as well as another 800 acres in what is now West Seattle.
Moore built much more than just a new theater at his 2nd and Virginia site. The theater occupied northwest corner of the first floor, but the remainder of the building extending south along 2nd Avenue is home to the six-story Moore Hotel
So it is with the Spirit of James Moore we named this bar / kitchen after him in the very space he originally designed in 1900.